Why hire a web editor?
A website is in many ways like a printed book or brochure. Producing it may involve the work of writers, editors, designers and project managers. Where a book requires the services of a printer, a website requires a developer.
However, when compared with a book, a finished website is relatively easy to change: a sentence or a whole page can be removed in a matter of minutes and there is no store-room full of copies to be pulped.
But a poorly written and produced website can damage the reputation of your business just as much as a poorly written brochure.
Editors in general can help you:
- express yourself clearly
- organise your content
- check spelling and grammar
- streamline your publishing processes.
As an editor specialising in websites, I can also:
- ensure that your content is written for the web
- create labels to help your audience find what they're looking for
- check that your site is accessible to people with disabilities
- ensure that your site really works.
Can you afford a website which presents you to the world as unprofessional?